Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ryleigh's Graduation Day

Ryleigh graduated kindergarten today. They had a cute program where the kids sang a song to the tune of "New York, New York." Something like "start spreading the news we're leaving today, We want to be a part of it 1st grade, 1st grade." It was pretty cute.

Odd, I don't remember graduating Kindergarten. It reminds me of that line in "The Incredibles" where Mr. Incredible says "They keep coming up with new ways to celebrate mediocrity," or something like that.

Ryleigh also recieved the citizenship award for the month of May. It is a "highly coveted" prize where we, the parents, have the great honor of eating lunch with the awardee on Friday. Except I don't think Ryleigh is too excited about it. She said last night when I was tucking her in, "But my friends will see you."

I didn't know parent embarrasment started at 5 years old.



4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH.. she is sooooo cute!!!! everyone is adorable.. isnt it funny.. me and my friend were JUST talking about how we already embarrass our kids at such a young age..its really sad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I can't believe she is going to be in first grade! Gracie's graduation is next Tuesday. For some reason I still think of Ryleigh as the little toddler she was the last we saw you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at my Ryleigh... she is growing up too fast. What a beautiful little girl. Brinna, remember that it is your job to embarrass your children. Congrats to doing your job well : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Ryleigh!!! We love and miss you! Happy Birthday this month too.

    ReplyDelete