Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First Impressions

Here are some little known facts about army life and Fort Hood Texas

1. The stop lights are horizontal, not vertical. It can be a bit distracting at first, and one can't help but be a bit perplexed by it, but honking horns will wake you from your quizzical daze and soon you will realize green still means go.

2. Almost everyone drives nice cars; BMWs, Mercedes, Cadillacs, the list goes on. Tim says it's because a lot of people are young and single and they get their signing bonus and what better way to spend it than on a brand new car I guess.

3. You know those emaculate yards everyone in Cache Valley has; there is no such thing here.
Everyone has weeds so I fit right in. you do still have to mow your weeds but I think that even that is mainly for something they call chiggers (not being racist) or fire ants, sounds pleasant huh.
4. Milk is expensive, $3.68 a gallon at Wal-mart, but luckily it is $2.60 on post.
5. Gas is cheaper, $2.30 a gallon.
6. They don't have Atwoods Ranch Dressing, What am I supposed to do? It seriously is the best ranch ever. I think I can order it though.
7. If you go and try to do anything on post be ready to spend half your day in a line, I went to get a perscription at the pharmacy and I had to take a number just like at the DMV and there was so many people waiting. It made me think of geneology work.
8. It's Hot! and it's really not the hot hot season yet. Another reason I'm so grateful that I am on post. Electricity is paid for, unless you go over your allowance then you pay the difference. I heard from people living off post their electricity bill could easily be $400.00 big ones. ouch!
9. I am not in "zion" anymore and I miss my culture. Although, I haven't been to church yet and can't wait to go and be with people that have my same beliefs. I really took that for granted. You know whats funny about that though, it says in my patriarchal blessing that as I associate with peers in my age group that may not be as valiant and that do things that are improper and below standard, that I would have the strength and testimony to withstand their temptations. I always read that and thought how funny that was, because I have always had great friends and never really been around people that didn't have my same values,... up until now. Weird.
This will be good for me, I need to study the missionary handbook because opportunities to share the gospel are everywhere.
10. Lower altitude = easier workouts. Higher temperature = more persperation.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Caudle family, I am so se excited Brinna you broke down and made a blog. It is so so good to see your kids and your house, sooooo nice! I bet your loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brin, your hilarious! yah you can order atwoods ranch, I checked it out... just google it on line, email the guy and he will take care of it for you! GET ON WIC! you will qualify. and there should be a WIC office on post!
    Love you guys, glad your enjoying it.. I want to see done pics of your house!

    ReplyDelete